Sunday, November 23, 2014

Back To Basics! Simple Bead Strand Necklace

I can’t believe my last post was over a year ago! I can’t say I’ve been busy but I definitely haven’t been making jewelry as much I’ve wanted to over the last year. My day job has become a lot more demanding and my creative juices have a really taken a hit but I’m hoping to turn that around. What better way to do that than to just make a simple strand necklace! I’m not kidding, this took less than 10 minutes to make. I dusted off my tools and grabbed some bead strands I purchased at my local bead store. I’ve always wanted to do a Native American-type of piece and this one comes pretty close for me with the turquoise-like crystals and the deep red rondelles. I threw in a sterling silver leaf pendant and toggle clasp and I was so happy with the finished piece that I even wore it to work the very next day! It’s a chocker style necklace but comfortably loose. I just ordered more crystal beads in the hopes to make more of these simple beauties!

Rachel Graham simple easy bead strand necklace
             
Now lets hope I keep this going!

No comments:

Post a Comment