Monday, September 2, 2013

Pick Up Sticks Earrings

Pick Up Sticks earrings Jill Wiseman beadwork swarovski Rachel Graham
Yet another project I finished a long time ago and didn’t post!  Shame on me :(  Anyways, these were tricky but very fun to make when I got used to the design.   It’s actually just a very simple cubic right angle weave but the small beads (size 11/0 seed beads) made it a bit tricky to see where the thread needed to go next. 
The design is a variation of Jill Wiseman’s “Pick Up Sticks Bracelet” featured in this years Beadwork June/July issue.  Seeing the cute and sparkly beaded “sticks”stacked together looked so cute I immediately thought of slender earrings with Swarovski bicones (of course lol). I followed the pattern closely but I added size 15/0 beads between each right angle unit to cover the exposed threads.  I honestly don’t like the look of exposed threads in any piece I make.
Here’s the materials I used:
Size 11/0 rounds seed beads – Nickel Plated
Size 15/0 round seed beads – Nickel Plated
3mm Swarovski Bicones – Indicolite AB2x
1 pair sterling silver ear wires
Pick Up Sticks earrings Jill Wiseman beadwork swarovski Rachel Graham
When I tried them on, I fell in love with how delicately they shook and they didn’t have that “bulky” look that I was afraid of.  I imagined wearing these out with my hair up in a curly messy bun but before I could, my aunt bought them from me lol!  It’s all good, they look better on her XD
I’ll definitely be making more of these but I’m short on color ideas :(
Until next time :)
Tootles!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE these earrings! I'm a real fan of elongated "stick" type earrings and will be making theses asap. Thanks for the inspiration. Did you add the 15o beads after you had completed each CRAW unit or after you had finished the entire earring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda :)
    I added the 15/0 seed beads after I finished the whole earring. Have fun making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chibistar,
    The earrings are very cute. Is there a tutorial for them?
    Thanks
    Also my email is irinapetrini@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I've sent a message to your email :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Chibistar,
      Unfortunately I never received your email. Would you be kind enough to resend it.
      Thank you,
      Irina irinapetrini@yahoo.com
      I'm with yahoo.com not gmail.com :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Chibistar, the earrings are magnificent, is there a tutorial for the them?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete