Saturday, March 24, 2012

Beaded Crystal Loop Earrings

mabeline gidez evangaline's beaded crystal loop earrings padparadscha emerald pacific opal

mabeline gidez evangaline's beaded crystal loop earrings padparadscha emerald pacific opal 2

After a little tiny journey, I finally was able to make these earrings!! Basically, a couple months ago I saw a youtube vid by Kelly from offthebeadedpath and she was wearing some beautiful and extremely sparkly beaded crystal earrings. I immediately fell in love with them and I began searching on Etsy and almost every other handmade jewelry site for these earrings but no such luck. However, one day I was doing some shopping at Beads n' Other Needs near my home and on their wall of picture tutorials I noticed a pattern for the same earrings that I had been looking for all this time!! The tutorial was created by Mabeline Gidez and it's super easy to follow. If you're a slightly more experienced beader, you can easily find a way to use a single needle as opposed to the 2 needles that are used in the tutorial.
Anyways, once I got the idea of how to make these, I splurged on FusionBeads.com and bought 4mm Padparadscha AB2x bicones (outline color) along with 3mm Emerald AB (main color) and Pacific Opal bicones (inner color). I was a little nervous about using such bold colors but as I started weaving, it became clear that they were an awesome combo :)
Can't wait to make these in more colors! I'll definitely be posting soon :)
P.S The pics don't do the color and sparkle of these any justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment